It's getting to be that time: Only weeks until we launch Positively Negative out into the world. Do you want to be a part of it? Join the Positively Negative Launch Team! All you have to do is fill out this application to get started. On the team, you'll get direct access to me, a behind-the-scenes look at what it's like to self-publish a longform ebook, a FREE copy of the book in exchange for an HONEST review on Amazon, Goodreads, you name it, membership in the Positively Negative/BAPAC AIDS Walk San Francisco team, and a few other perks to be named later.
This is a minor commitment--answer a few questions on Facebook, read and review the book on whatever social networking sites you use, etc. Like I said on Twitter last week, it's my belief that #HIVLoveWins when we share our stories and break the stigma. That's why I wrote Positively Negative. The next step is to put it in the hands of people who need it the most. To do that, the book needs to have a broad reach. Will you help?
Here's how it works:
As a member of the Positively Negative Launch Team, you'll get:
▪ A free advance copy of Positively Negative
▪ Access to a private group where I'll share a behind-the-scenes look at what it's like to write and launch a book
▪ The opportunity to give feedback on certain aspects of the book during the production process
▪ A special "thank you" with a link to your blog (if you like) on the Positively Negative blog and on the book's Facebook page.
▪ Other special rewards, to be announced later.
In return, I'll ask for:
▪ An honest review on Amazon, Goodreads or other retailer sites.
▪ Any promotional ideas you might have to help get Positively Negative in front of as many readers as possible.
▪ If feasible, your participation in the San Francisco AIDS Walk as part of the Positively Negative walking team.
▪ Your help spreading the word about the book before and during the launch.
Not sure if the Launch Team is a good fit for you? Here are some questions you might have - and my answers:
"Do I have to be a blogger or have a large social following to join the launch team?" No! There are a lot of valuable ways to help get the word out. Maybe you'll email the members of your mom's group or social circle to let them know about the book, tell your family and friends on Facebook, or even put together a small group of moms to create a Positively Negative book club. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to help an idea spread.
"I'm not a marketing mastermind. Is my input valuable?" Absolutely! If you're a mom and a reader, you are exactly the person whose opinions I need to help me make Positively Negative the best resource it can be.
"I'm not on Facebook. Can I still join the Launch Team?" To keep everything streamlined we really need to run the Launch Team via a private Facebook group. It's where the majority of people already hang out, so it keeps everything easiest for the most members. But even if you don't join the actual launch team, there will be other opportunities to help spread the word about Positively Negative, so keep an eye out for updates!
"What is the time commitment to join the Launch Team?" A lot of this depends on how long it takes you to read and write :) It won't be super time-consuming, but I will expect members to put some time into reading the book, answering a few of my questions in the private group, and writing a fair review. The book will launch in late May/early June, so the most intense period of promotion will be the last half of May through July, culminating in the San Francisco AIDS Walk Positively Negative walk team. But I know you have other priorities and certainly don't expect for you to spend all your free time on Positively Negative! Give what you feel you can.
Have a question that's not answered above? Feel free to comment below and ask away. I'm here to answer and as always, I so appreciate your help and support.